Tonight Umbert is at Georges birthday at Hôtel De Crillon.
He loves this place, just renovated with so much elegance! It is also one of the best spots for the pastries, and Umbert cannot wait to see the fantastic birthday cake.
Georges is a real French aristocrat, so Umbert will pay attention to his manners, especially when arriving.
Showtime !!! Umbert explains to you how to arrive at the party in style!
Benefits of this coaching :
- Best methodology to become irresistible
- An innovative technique to unleash your charisma
- Learn the new etiquette & manners
- A better lifestyle
« Life is a party. Dress for it, » Audrey Hepburn, English actress
1) Dress to impress
Don’t forget to check or ask for the dress code. Adapt your style to the evening.
You do not want to look underdressed and ridiculous.
It also shows that you respect the hosts and the other guests.
However, always wear comfortable ones, the ones you like, so you will not be or look under pressure.
If you have time, stop by the hairdresser and the barber, so you will look sharp and not neglected. I recommend the new spa and hairdresser at the Four Seasons Hotel George V in Paris for example. You will find more detail in my Best November Weekend Ever in Paris.
You can also read my article « Don’t dress like a rock star, especially for a date », for more details.
Don’t forget that people may judge you on your outfit, especially in Asia and Europe.
2) Bring a gift
It is always recommended to bring a gift to the hosts.
For dinner, bringing chocolates is very popular.
Wine or champagne as well, but you have to choose an excellent one. Ask for advice in a wine shop if you do not know. Ask them for something that nobody knows, from another country for example.
Avoid liquors if one of the hosts is a woman.
Everyone can offer flowers: children, women, men. However, if the rule is easy, nothing is more difficult than knowing how to apply it :
- The choice of the flowers varies according to the personality of the hostess, the circumstances, the decor.
- There is a language of flowers. Ask for advice at the flower shop.
- For dinner or lunch, you can send them the day before, the morning or the next day to thank.
- It would be best if you remained classic: avoid paper and plastic decoration.
- Ask for a transparent packaging; it is chicer.
- Potted flowers don’t need a label.
- Waterproof paper bouquets with water are allowed.
- Do not offer gladioli and carnations.
- Offer by odd number except for the dozens.
If you know them very well, you can choose something more personal. For example, I like books, so I always try to find one that matches their passions.
Umbert travels a lot, so he never forgets to buy something original he can offer. People love his gifts because it also brings a part of the travel. It is also an excellent way to start the conversation with where he has been.
If they have children, bring them a little toy or so, they will appreciate it.
Don’t forget to add a personal card.
3) If you are shy
- Never be the first to arrive.
- Make sure that your friends are there to hang out with them.
- Always look like in a good mood.
- Meet people with your friends and be cordial.
- Don’t get drunk to compensate; you will look ridiculous.
Showtime !!! How to arrive at the party in style?
Try to stay natural, discreet and chic.
Umbert likes to arrive in silence, but with the right outfit and gift, so everybody will pay attention.
What must be remembered: arriving in style is an art. Avoid making noise or pretending. People like discreet and chic guests. The perfect gift that the hosts will remember will make all the difference in the next days.
How to become irresistible? Download now the free eBook available on this blog.
Enjoy the journey!
Umbert De Paris