Today, Umbert accompanies his friend Charles for a shopping session in Paris.
During the trip, he reminds his friend of the basics of Parisian elegance.
“Fashion is above all an art of change,” John GALLIANO, English designer.
Benefits of this coaching:
- Best methodology to become irresistible.
- An innovative technique to unleash your charisma.
- Learn the new label & manners.
- A better lifestyle.
1) By socio-professional category
- The leaders: summer and winter, it is fashionable to wear a dark suit with a plain shirt or striped, and a tie (never the same color as the shirt), united or patterned discreet.
- Intellectuals: fashion is not necessary for them. They cultivate a falsely neglected style (tweed jacket, coarse pullover, comfortable trousers, scarf).
- The communicants & startup: often in black or gray, no tie, a scarf in winter.
- The exuberant: everything seems possible to them. They create their style.
2) If you are invited
Dress code is usually specified, but you need to know the meaning.
- Casual wear: no specific requirements, but choose sobriety. You will find a good choice at A.P.C.
Bold colors for vintage clothes. Umbert loves the swimsuit with flowers on a black background, with a simple white polo shirt. Flowers give a sexy side and polo a wiser side — a very good combination. Budget: the jersey: 130 euros, the polo: 85 euros. Denim 160/185€.APC, 5 rue de Marseille 75010 Paris
- City outfit: it’s a cocktail outfit, so dark suit and tie.
- Black tie or black tie: the opportunity to wear your best tuxedo.
- Formal wear or white tie: a very chic outfit and polished pumps with a silk bow.
If the invitation card has no indication: choose the city outfit.
3) A dinner without an invitation card
The Paris cloakroom unisex, with an eco-responsible collection, bio, or recycled by reusing the fabrics of dominant fashion houses. Very chic, simple, fresh. noyoco 9 rue Commines, 75003 Paris
The black color dominates the winter collection. Umbert loves the “Moiré velvet tuxedo” for New Year’s Eve, and the “bombers.”Saint-Laurent, 32 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré 75008 Paris
Dinner with friends: as you want, leave room for your style.
4) The mistakes not to commit
Put the end of the tie in the waistband of the pants.
The little part of the tie should not be longer than the big pan.
The costumes in synthetic material.
Shirts with short sleeves.
A giant buckle belt under a suit jacket (yes with jeans).
Socks: the socks must go up to the knee. Check the ones at Labonal a 100% French brand.
Umbert chooses high-quality socks from Labonal to showcase a casual suit or outfit. This 100/100 French manufacturing product is synonymous with quality. Budget: from 13 to 24 euros.Labonal, 11 rue Vieille du Temple 75004 Paris
The white socks.
Polyester or motley tie.
The black tie (reserved for funerals).
A curb bracelet or a chain around the neck.
5) Special occasions
A great restaurant or a big hotel: choose the casual chic: no formal wear, no shorts, or sneakers, no showy attire.
A wedding: no white: it is reserved for the bride, no black: it is for funerals.
A job interview: do not dress with designer outfits or accessories, do not wear fancy or expensive clothes.
6) The look
The look is part of the style.
Stand straight: sitting or standing, static or walking, keep your back straight, shoulders back and look straight ahead.
Do not stand hunched to show that you have confidence, that life does not overwhelm you and that you are in good health.
Never drag your feet: lift them so you will seem more dynamic.
Adopt a dynamic approach: it shows that you are comfortable in your head and your life.
The arms should stay along the body.
When sitting: the only obligation is to stand up straight.
Smoking with elegance: never put your cigarette in the center of your lips, or do not smoke it’s even better.
Roleplay: put a book on your head and walk without dropping it.
Umbert and Charles spent a great afternoon in Paris shopping.
Now Charles is elegant like a Parisian.
What to remember: the Parisian style is both chic and casual. The look is paramount; it makes the difference.
How to become irresistible? Download now the free eBook available on this blog.
Enjoy the journey!
Umbert De Paris