Umbert is always elegant, or casual-chic, even when he plays sports.
Why ? Because, most of the time, people judge others on their first impression, especially in Asia.
Even if you don’t care about your appearance, make an effort, it is essential.
The professional category, the age, the way of life, are essential in man fashion, and each person will choose his style.
It is also a proof of respect for others.
However, there are basics to respect to not look old-fashioned, on any occasion. Don’t dress like a rock star, especially for a date.
Benefits of this coaching :
- Best methodology to become irresistible.
- An innovative technique to unleash your charisma.
- Learn the new etiquette & manners.
- A better lifestyle.
« Fashion fades, only style remains,» Coco Chanel, French fashion designer.
1) The basics on how to dress
Wear clean clothes. This seems obvious, but it is better to remember it. Of course, you will have also taken care of your physical cleanliness (hair, nails, skin).
Wear simple clothes, but that will showcase you, in which you feel natural and comfortable.
Avoid t-shirt, jeans with holes, dirty and too old shoes.
No flashy colors, keep them for later. Avoid the black color which is most of the time reserved for the funerals.
Avoid short-sleeved shirts, unless they are bent, sleeves tight, plain, prefer timeless polos.
Large belt buckles can be worn on jeans, but never with a suit.
The socks must go up below the knee, of course, nobody can see them, but in Paris, you never know;) The choice of the color is important: choose the pant or shoe color and avoid the white ones.
If you never wear suits, avoid them if the date or meeting is casual. You can also choose mismatched pants and jacket to be more natural. Same for the tie.
Do not wear synthetic costumes, it shines, it’s uncomfortable, and there are so many natural materials available!
Never put the tie in the waistband of your pants, the tie should barely touch the top of the pants. The small side of the tie should not be longer than the large one.
Think about your age, your profession, your style and adapt your style.
Do not try to change your style at the first appointment. You will play a role inevitably, and this will take away all your natural. People will see it immediately! If your style does not please, it is not worth going further.
Now you are a rock-star, so smile and relax!
2) Différent styles
- The leader: during all year, it is fashionable to wear a suit. In the coming winter, Umbert will choose dark suits with a plain, thin-striped plain shirt, and a plain or patterned tie (never the same color as the shirt), and a breast pocket.
- The intellectual: fashion is not always essential for them to, they cultivate a style falsely neglected, that you can adopt when visiting Paris, for example, tweed jacket, sweater with prominent ribs, comfortable velvet trousers, scarf.
- The creative/tech: often in black or gray, no tie, but a scarf. Umbert loves to wear a cashmere scarf for the winter.
- The exubérant: everything seems possible to them, but pay attention to the limit not to exceed.
3) Special occasions
On special occasions, you have to ask the dress code. If there is an invitation, it should be written on the card.
- Casual: try to stay natural, no excess, with a beautiful sweater or a sports jacket during the autumn/winter.
- Casual-chic: you need a suit and very nice leather shoes.
- Informal: upgrade for a dark pant, suit, and shoes. That applies very well when you visit a friend in a five stars hotel or a fine dining restaurant, even if people are getting more casual nowadays.
- Black tie: you need to wear a tuxedo and the shoes that match. Avoid to rent one; you will feel more comfortable in a tux that perfectly suits you.
Umbert always follows the fashion for man, but most of the time remains in the dandy-chic style, that he loves so much.
Every month you can read about his Weekends to get updates on the best shops, and more advice.
Umbert doesn’t want to dress like a rock-star, especially for a date, because this is not his natural style.
What must be remembered: if you stay natural but chic, and if you smile and relax, nobody will be able to destabilize you.
How to become irresistible? Download now the free eBook available on this blog.
Enjoy the journey!
Umbert De Paris