Can or should a man wear makeup?
What do you answer?
Yes: to be even more attractive.
No: not to lose his manhood.
Let’s check why Chanel and Givenchy launch a men’s make-up line.
« The best thing is to have a natural look, but to have a natural look, you need makeup. », Calvin Klein
A short historical reminder is necessary.
At all times men have put on make-up.
In the time of King Louis XIV, they put white powder on the face and red on the cheeks.
At the court of Louis XVIII, it was indispensable to be noticed by the king and appearing more handsome and more aristocratic.
In 1915, Coco Chanel changed the codes of fashion; it is a revolution and liberation.
In 1971, David Bowie was scandalous about the album cover “Hunky Dory,” where he appears makeup. The years pass, the mores change, and in 1973 he is elected the best dressed British, while the makeup for men is not yet usual.
With this in mind, the brand CHANEL has just created the line of men’s makeup “BOY CHANEL” first marketed in South Korea.
Three products are available:
- A foundation: among the four shades, choose the one that comes closest to the color of your skin to stay very natural. Apply with a brush or a light sponge to ensure a good hold.
- A lip balm: it is moisturizing and matte. The lips are highlighted but keep their color. Renew it often in the day.
- An eyebrow pen: it emphasizes the look while maintaining the shape of your eyebrows. The line must be light.
The brand GIVENCHY has also created the makeup line “MISTER” intended to mix the feminine and masculine genres.
Four products are to try:
- An anti-fatigue fluid.
- A transparent gel to draw eyebrows.
- A corrector.
- A stick for a matte complexion.
Chanel‘s slogan for BOY is: “Beauty is not about sex, it’s about style.”
Are you ready to adopt this new style, to assert yourself, to rebel, to dare?
If so then do not hesitate, everything evolves towards the “no gender.” #nogender
That’s why Chanel and Givenchy launch a men’s make-up line.
What to remember: Of course, this is going to be polemical. So consider that it will make you more attractive and that applying it sparingly will not take away your masculinity.
How to become irresistible? Download now the free eBook available on this blog.
Enjoy the journey!
Umbert De Paris